Hypoallergenic jewelry is specifically made for those who experience allergic reactions to certain types of metal. A lot of jewelry companies will state right on the package if the metal used in the jewelry is hypoallergenic. Most people have a reaction to nickel, so it is also important to check if the jewelry is nickel free. Other metals that are hypoallergenic are platinum, rhodium, niobium, and gold.
When it comes to purchasing jewelry, you do not need a lover, friend, or a relative to give you jewelry as a gift. If there is something specific you are looking for or something that you really want, you SHOULD go out and buy jewelry for yourself. Buying your own jewelry can be fun and exciting and can lift your spirits after a bad day - hello retail therapy! However, if you have never bought yourself your own piece of jewelry before, it can be a little overwhelming. There are a few things you could take into consideration to help ease your mind (and your budget) as you decide what type of jewelry you are going for.
Sterling silver is the most common alloy mix found in jewelry. It must be at least 92.5% pure silver, but the other 7.5% can be any metal. Hence, that is why sterling silver jewelry is always stamped; which is used to indicate the percentage of silver it contains.
Silver is one of the prettiest metals out there - especially in the jewelry making industry. However, with everything in the world as it is today, how can you tell if it is real? Today we are going to go through a few little tests you can do to tell if the silver you have is real.
Sterling silver is a popular option for jewelry. However, many consumers wonder if sterling silver will actually tarnish. Sterling silver is more durable than regular silver. But does it tarnish? If so, how long? The amount of time it takes for the tarnish to form depends on the amount of exposure the sterling silver has been exposed to air.
The birthstone for December is Swiss Blue Topaz. Swiss Blue Topaz is a highly beneficial stone for those who want to build their confidence and is thought to help those who wear it physically, psychologically and emotionally. Learn more about Swiss Blue Topaz and check out our collection of December birthstone rings and promise rings we have available for you today!
Your birthstone says a lot about you, similar to your astrological sign. The month of your birth can have an impact on your personality and the characteristics that you exhibit as a person. Since each birthstone is a different gem, it makes for a highly-personalized piece of jewelry that often carries significant sentimental value.
If you are curious as to what each birthstone is and what each stone represents, we have created a little guide for each month’s birthstone and how it can be incorporated into a beautiful piece of personalized jewelry.
Storing jewelry the proper way is critical to ensure that your favorite pieces last longer and shine like new! Also, storing them in a certain fashion can make it easier for you to find your jewelry instead of hastily looking through a pile of tangled necklace chains or rummaging through a dish full of rings and earrings. Here are a few jewelry storage tips that will help make your life easier and your pieces happy, healthy and shiny!
Once you own a piece of jewelry, there are certain things you can do to keep your jewelry fresh, shiny, and looking brand new! There are also ways to pair certain types of jewelry with an outfit, and oftentimes, less is more. So, are there rules to owning jewelry? No. Are there mistakes many people make that can be avoided? Yes. Here are common jewelry mistakes that you should never make.